VirtueMart is an Open Source E-Commerce solution to be used together with a Content Management System (CMS) called Joomla!. Joomla! and VirtueMart are written in PHP and can be used in typical PHP/MySQL environments.
- capable of using Secure Sockets Layer (https) Encryption (128-bit)
- flexible Tax Models
- Model 1: ShipTo Address-based Tax Calculation
- Model 2: Store Address-based Tax Calculation
- Model 3: EU Mode (Store Owner based Tax Calculation when Customer comes from an EU Country)
- Shoppers can manage their User Accounts (registration required)
- Shipping Address Management (Customers can enter their own Shipping Addresses)
- Order History: Shopper can view all their previous Orders (and Order Details)
- Order Confirmation Mail (customizable!) is sent to Shopper and Store Owner
- Multiple Currencies (you can allow Customers to change the Currency and buy using an alternative Currency)
- Multiple Languages (using the Joomla! Component Joom!Fish or Nooku).
Product Catalog Features
- Manages an unlimited Number of Products and Categories
- Can be used as a Shop or just as an Online-Catalog (you can even turn off Price Display)
- quick Search for Products, Categories and Manufacturers; filter by features or discounted Products
- Product Ratings & Testimonials (moderated or auto-published)
- feature specific Products by setting them “on special”
- Product Availability: show how fast a Customer can expect delivery
- Handles downloadable Products (virtual Goods)
- “Product is back in Stock”-Notification for subscribed Customers
- multiple Images and Files (like Spec Sheets and Flyers) per Product
- Product Attributes (like Size or Color) can be added to Product
- Product Types for Classification (like “Car”, “Motorbike” or “Music Album”)
- Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options),
- multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
- flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
- On-the-Fly Price Conversion between different Currencies using Live Rates from the ECB or other banks
- Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a Summary of new Customers, new Orders….
- Stock Level Control for Products and Item
- Order Management with Order History, Customer Notification and Order Edit Functionality
- basic Reporting Feature: sold Items, monthly/yearly Revenue
- Order Status Management
- manage different Currencies, Countries & States
- capable of live Credit Card Processing
- pre-defined Payment Gateways like authorize.net®, PayPal, 2Checkout, eWay, Worldpay, PayMate and NoChex
- extend your Shop with other Payment Modules using the Payment Module API!
- flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
- Live-Shipping Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API).
- extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Shipping Module API!